The Reason for this New Blog

This new blog is a combination of great ideas I have gleaned from others and a few insights of my own. My main purpose will be to chronicle the continued learning I receive through sermons, books, and conferences. My goal is to have regular posts in the following categories:

"What I learned from my Pastor this week." (thanks, Rachel!)

"What I learned from the books I have read."

"What I am learning as a homeschool mom."


I welcome your input in the comments section in each of these categories. So pull up a chair, and join my adventure in a lifetime of learning.


Sunday, January 31, 2010

What I learned from my Pastor ~ Jan. 24

Revelation 6:1-8 introduced the four horsemen in colors of white, red, black and ashen. There are many interpretations for these but the meaning as explained by Pastor Jack was: conquest, war, faminie, and death.

He pointed our the devasting consequences of sin but so often people would rather rather rationalize sin instead of confess and forsake it. A mathematical way to see the effects of sin is as follows:

Sin ADDS to our troubles.

It SUBTRACTS from our energy.

It MULTIPLIES our difficulties.

It DIVIDES our interests.

And it's WAGES are death.


In summary on the topic of coming judgment and eternity, "If what the Bible says is not true than it doesn't matter, BUT if what the Bible says is true that nothing else matters."

Wise words for us all.

1 comment:

  1. Love this math analogy. Thanks for sharing Jodi. I'm so glad I found this "new" blog of yours.

    ReplyDelete