The Reason for this New Blog

This new blog is a combination of great ideas I have gleaned from others and a few insights of my own. My main purpose will be to chronicle the continued learning I receive through sermons, books, and conferences. My goal is to have regular posts in the following categories:

"What I learned from my Pastor this week." (thanks, Rachel!)

"What I learned from the books I have read."

"What I am learning as a homeschool mom."


I welcome your input in the comments section in each of these categories. So pull up a chair, and join my adventure in a lifetime of learning.


Sunday, January 17, 2010

What I learned from my Pastor ~ Jan. 10

All week I have been intending to get this posted, but couldn't quite find the time to pull it off. So....before I head off to church today and hear a great sermon from Revelation 5, I am determined to post a few notes from last week!

Pastor Jack conveyed the powerful truth that the throne of God is the center of attention in heaven, and the center of direction for what happens on earth. He pointed out that there are many interpretations of who the 24 elders and the 4 creatures are, but what they are doing is the point not to be missed. They never cease to say, "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the LORD God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." They also cast their crowns before the throne saying, "Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed and were created."

As Christians our primary work is worship and everything else flows out of that. It's about God's glory -- that's it! Pastor Jack then quoted Norwegian theologian, Ole Hallesby, suggesting that as we pray (say for instance for healing) it should be along these lines:

"Lord, if it be to your glory heal suddenly. If it will glorify you more, heal gradually; if it will glorify you even more, may your servant remain sick awhile; and if it will glorify your name still more, take him to yourself in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment