The Reason for this New Blog

This new blog is a combination of great ideas I have gleaned from others and a few insights of my own. My main purpose will be to chronicle the continued learning I receive through sermons, books, and conferences. My goal is to have regular posts in the following categories:

"What I learned from my Pastor this week." (thanks, Rachel!)

"What I learned from the books I have read."

"What I am learning as a homeschool mom."


I welcome your input in the comments section in each of these categories. So pull up a chair, and join my adventure in a lifetime of learning.


Sunday, February 7, 2010

What I learned from my Pastor ~ Jan. 31

Victims and Vengeance was the title of the sermon from Revelation 6:9-17. The main truth from this section was powerful: Believers who suffer the wrath of man will be vindicated by the wrath of God.

The fifth seal is martyrdom and Pastor Jack made a very insightful point regarding being a martyr. He said that while most of us may never have to be physically killed for our faith, we should all be prepared for it and realize that dying to ourselves daily in terms of worldly pleasures and passions is just as important.

Judgment is coming and those that know God best do not judge HIM for the coming wrath, they worship HIM. For they know that He is holy, perfect and just and His love is never compromised in righteous judgment!

Would you be willing to die physically for your faith? What about daily?

"He is no fool to give up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

Jim Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment