The Reason for this New Blog

This new blog is a combination of great ideas I have gleaned from others and a few insights of my own. My main purpose will be to chronicle the continued learning I receive through sermons, books, and conferences. My goal is to have regular posts in the following categories:

"What I learned from my Pastor this week." (thanks, Rachel!)

"What I learned from the books I have read."

"What I am learning as a homeschool mom."


I welcome your input in the comments section in each of these categories. So pull up a chair, and join my adventure in a lifetime of learning.


Thursday, February 11, 2010

What I learned from my Pastor ~ Feb. 7

The sermon for the first Sunday of the month is generally a communion or thematic message, taking a break from the regular series in Revelation.

Pastor Paul took the pulpit to give Pastor Jack a week to concentrate on his healing broken ribs. The sermon text was from Hebrews 2:8b-11. He reminded us that while Jesus was a good teacher, an example in ethical living and a good example, none of these was the primary reason he came to earth. He came to provide salvation for all who would believe.

He pointed out that the horrendous punishment Jesus experienced on the cross for 3 hours will be experienced for eternity in hell by unbelievers. Reflecting on the intensity of this sacrifice is humbling.

Just because we do not currently see all things subjected to Him, the fact is that all things are indeed subject to Him, and one day all creation will acknowledge this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment