The Reason for this New Blog

This new blog is a combination of great ideas I have gleaned from others and a few insights of my own. My main purpose will be to chronicle the continued learning I receive through sermons, books, and conferences. My goal is to have regular posts in the following categories:

"What I learned from my Pastor this week." (thanks, Rachel!)

"What I learned from the books I have read."

"What I am learning as a homeschool mom."


I welcome your input in the comments section in each of these categories. So pull up a chair, and join my adventure in a lifetime of learning.


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What I learned from my Pastor ~ Feb. 21

Saved to Serve in Heaven was the title of Pastor Jack's sermon, continuing our pilgrimage through the book of Revelation.

His text today was Rev. 7:9-17. God saves and rewards multitudes who will serve Him in heaven. Some features of this multitude in heaven described here are: innumerable, indiscriminate, intimate, incorrupt, and indomitable. Don't you just love those words and what they represent (and that they all start with in is pretty cool, too)?

Pastor Jack asked the congregation to reflect on two questions:

1. What is your posture before Him who sits on the throne?

2. What is your perspective on life in light of this vision?

Pondering these things help us to keep our priorities in order. It was also a good reminder to engage in activities that contribute to eternity so that I am not exercising futility in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment